- This event has passed.
China West Midlands 2020 Annual Event
October 10 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm£10
About this Event
Since the launch of CWM 2020 in November 2017, we have made progress and started several exciting initiatives in dance, music, theatre, photography, education, sports and business . We are working on a project to interpret selected Chinese classic into visual arts form for exhibition in the Birmingham Library, started the ‘East meets West‘ photography competition, introduced Jianzi (or kick shuttle) during the Sutton Games, running a Scottish dance with a Chinese twist and planning a tour de Chinatown cycling from Liverpool to Manchester, Birmingham and London, amongst other initiatives.
We are holding CWM 2020 annual event on 10th October in the Hippodrome PwC Suite to provide an update as well as the programme for 2020. The speakers include:
- Andy Street, the Mayor of the West Midlands Combined Authority, on the WMCA strategy regarding trade and investment from China
- Ian Ward, the Leader of Birmingham City Council, on working with the Chinese community to promote trade and investment with China
- Christopher Kettle, Chair of Stratford-on-Avon District Council, on Stratford’s growing relationship with China
- Di Xiao, world class pianist in the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, on her plans for a summer Chinese Festival
- Frances Yip, cross culture community artist, on bridging the cultural gaps between East and West
- Updates on exciting CWM 2020 projects and events
In addition to the speakers, we will also have music and dance performances, as well as a finger buffet and networking opportunities. The event will be chaired by Dr Yeow Poon, the Chair of the Chinese Community Centre – Birmingham and president of England China Business Forum.
Click here to book tickets for the event.